FIRE CIDER TO THE RESCUE:
Fire cider is an energizing mix of immune boosting ingredients that fires up the body.
- ½ cup peeled and shredded/diced ginger root
- ½ cup peeled and shredded/diced horseradish root
- ½ cup peeled and diced turmeric OR 1/4 cup additional ginger and 1/4 cup additional horseradish
- ½ cup white onion, chopped
- ¼ cup minced or crushed garlic cloves
- 2 organic jalapeno peppers, chopped
- Zest and juice from 2 organic lemons
- Raw apple cider vinegar
- Raw, organic honey to taste
Add the ginger, horseradish, onion, garlic, jalapeno and lemon juice/zest to a quart-sized jar. Pack them down lightly so that the jar is about 3/4 full. Use a fermenting weight to hold down the veggies/roots, or place heavy roots at the top so that they will weigh down the herbs and jalapenos (which float). Pour a generous amount apple cider vinegar over the roots/vegetables. You want everything to stay under the liquid to prevent spoilage. Keep in mind that some of the roots will expand a little so top it off well.
If you’re using a metal lid, line it with wax paper so that the vinegar doesn’t corrode it, then put the lid on. Place in a dark, room temperature cabinet for 2-4 weeks. (A month is best)
When the cider is ready, shake well and then strain the roots/veggies using a cheesecloth or fine mesh sieve. Add honey to taste and store in the fridge.
How to use: Drink about 2-3 oz. daily for best results. We hope this helps fire-you up to keep you well.